Battle of Agincourt

Post your Battle Reports here
wargamer1979

Battle of Agincourt

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hello Everybody!

I thought I would start a thread on my battle of Agincourt to be played out soon -

Henry V v Constable Charles d'Albret (Friday 25th October 1415 - St Crispins Day)
[That makes it the 600 year anniversary next year 2015]

I am currently building some Hordes and Heroes miniatures and learning the rules - but not quite ready yet. H&H minis can be used to re-in-act this battle using the 100 years war range of models.

For now I have set up the battle using Battlelore Historical first edition miniatures and rules (now out of print sadly) with a board built out of Kallistra. The cavalry is the same scale as the infantry so the miniatures combine well with the additional space provided by the Kallistra hexes. Also using Lego trees which function well - although I would like to buy some model ones one day.

Below I have included some photos of my battle setup and I will add additional posts after some action. I will be the French - hoping they don't get stuck in the mud (and I'm thinking I should not charge the cavalry at the archers).

Best wishes

Graham
Attachments
Battlelore board built out of Kallistra
Battlelore board built out of Kallistra
French Army -  Constable Charles d'Albret
French Army - Constable Charles d'Albret
English Army -  Henry V
English Army - Henry V
Paul K

Re: Battle of Agincourt

Post by Paul K »

Hi,
With the anniversary of the battle next year there should be renewed interest in the media. It's a fascinating medieval encounter in that there will always be speculation over how exactlythis vastly outnumbered English army achieved victory.
I've re-fought the battle with miniatures a number of times using the H&H medieval system and walked the battlefield, guide book in hand and it still puzzles me why the French appeared to make no determined effort to out-flank the English. If they had done so a french victory would surely have been the outcome!
Keep me posted as your game develops
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk